PRO OPTIKA GLASSES INSURANCE TERMS
These are the “Pro Optika glasses insurance terms”. Siit saab ülevaate prillikindlustuse tingimustest ja hüvitamise põhimõtetest, sealhulgas piirangutest ja välistustest. Palun võtke endale aega ja lugege kindlustustingimused läbi, vajadusel pidage meiega nõu. Kindlustusteenuse pakkuja on If P&C Insurance AS, kindlustust vahendab OptiPRO OÜ.
PERSONS INVOLVED IN THE INSURANCE CONTRACT
- The insurer is If P&C Insurance AS (hereinafter If), commercial registry code: 10100168, address: Lõõtsa 8a, 11415 Tallinn, www.if.ee.
- The policyholder is the person who has concluded an insurance contract with If. The insured person is the policyholder. When concluding the contract, If relies on the information disclosed by the policyholder and the insurable interest.
- Pursuant to the authorisation of the insurer, the glasses insurance is mediated by OptiPRO OÜ (hereinafter Pro Optika), commercial registry code: 10125659, address: Jüri 19a, 65608 Võru. The insurance agent shall represent If in concluding insurance agreements, including accepting insurance premiums, in accepting applications related to insurance contracts, processing damage claims and carrying out activities in Estonia related to the payment of insurance indemnities. The agent is not authorised to terminate insurance contracts before the prescribed time.
OBJECT OF INSURANCE
- The object of insurance is the new eyeglasses or sunglasses or eyeglass frames purchased from Pro Optika and indicated in the policy.
- The glasses or frames are insured as indicated in the Pro Optika purchase order, hereinafter referred to as either “glasses” (frames with lenses) or “frames” (only eyeglass frames).
AMOUNT OF INSURANCE
6. The amount of insurance is equal to the purchase price of the glasses or frames and is indicated in the policy.
6.1. If the price of the glasses or frames has increased by the time of the insured event (e.g. in the case of discounted purchase), the amount of insurance shall be the purchase price and not the new price.
PERIOD OF INSURANCE
- The insurance is valid for the insurance period specified in the policy.
7.1. If the glasses or frames are handed over to the policyholder in a Pro Optika store, the insurance shall take effect at the moment of handing over the glasses or frames to the policyholder.
7.2. If the glasses or frames are sent to the policyholder by post, the insurance shall take effect at the moment Pro Optika hands them over to the postal operator.
- The insurance is valid worldwide.
- An insured event is a sudden and unforeseen destruction of or damage to glasses or frames that is not excluded.
- If does not compensate for damage:
10.1. if the event does not correspond to the characteristics of an insured event;
10.2. that is not a result of an insured event;
10.3. that was not sudden and unforeseen;
10.4. if the glasses or frames were lost, stolen or taken as a result of a robbery;
10.5. that is subject to compensation on the basis of a guarantee or is compensated by another insurance company or has already been compensated by If on the basis of another insurance contract;
10.6. that was caused to spectacle lenses if only the frames were insured (see c. 5).
- The natural wear and tear of glasses or frames, as well as scratches, shall not be considered an insured event if the scratches do not obstruct the wearer’s vision or the use of the glasses or frames.
Pro Optika glasses insurance terms TPRO-20211 3
- If does not compensate for damage if:
12.1. the insured event was caused intentionally or due to gross negligence by the policyholder or a person for whom the policyholder is responsible;
12.2. the policyholder or the person for whom the policyholder is responsible provided incorrect information to If during the process of handling claims;
12.3. someone else has compensated for the damages;
12.4. the insured event was caused by a nuclear weapon, nuclear energy or radioactivity;
12.5. the insured event was caused by war or a war-like situation, insurrection, mass disorder.
- Terrorism is any act, including the use of violence:
13.1. that was committed by one person or a group of people acting independently or in association with an organisation; and
13.2. that has a political, religious or ideological purpose, including influencing the government or inciting fear in the public for political, religious or ideological purposes.
- If shall not compensate for damages caused by terrorism or measures to prevent an act of terrorism.
RESTRICTIONS ARISING FROM INTERNATIONAL SANCTIONS
- Any risk the insurance of which is or becomes inconsistent with any restrictions, prohibitions or sanctions imposed by the United Nations, the European Union, United Kingdom or the United States shall be excluded from insurance coverage from the date on which such restrictions, prohibitions or sanctions are imposed to the corresponding insurance contract.
- If sanctions imposed by the UN, the European Union, the United Kingdom or the United States directly or indirectly impede the provision of insurance under the relevant insurance contract, the insurer has the right to terminate the insurance contract by sending a written notice to the policyholder. The insurance contract shall be deemed to have been terminated 14 days after the notice of cancellation has reached the policyholder. In the event of a communication failure, the notice of cancellation shall be deemed to have been delivered if the notice has been sent or an attempt has been made to send the notice.
- The insured person must act prudently and with reasonable care to avoid the occurrence or increase in the damage.
For example, spectacle lenses may not be cleaned with a sandy cloth.
- When storing glasses in a pocket or bag, the glasses must be in an eyeglass case.
- The insured person must follow the user instructions provided with the purchase by Pro Optika.
ACTION IN THE CASE OF A LOSS EVENT
- In case of damage or destruction of glasses or frames, please contact a Pro Optika store as soon as possible and submit a claim. The claim form is available in Pro Optika stores.
- If you still have the glasses or frames, the destroyed or damaged glasses or frames must also be handed over to Pro Optika.
- If shall pay Pro Optika indemnity in the extent prescribed by the insurance contract for the repair or replacement of glasses or frames. If the vision acuity of the insured person has to be checked prior to the repair or replacement of glasses, then If shall compensate Pro Optika for the cost of the visual acuity examination. If only the frames are insured (see c. 5), the cost of the visual acuity examination shall not be compensated for.
- The indemnity that If pays for the insured event shall not exceed the amount of insurance minus the deductible. The deductible amount is indicated in the policy.
- If and Pro Optika will not pay financial compensation to the policyholder.
REPLACEMENT OF GLASSES OR FRAMES
- If shall pay Pro Optika indemnity for the replacement of glasses or frames if their repair is not technically possible or the repair costs exceed the sum insured. The amount of indemnity for the replacement of glasses or frames is the sum insured minus the deductible. If the glasses were insured (see c. 5), the replacement of the glasses shall mean the replacement of the whole set (frames and lenses).
If only the frames were insured (see c. 5), the replacement of frames shall mean only that and the replacement cost for lenses shall not be taken into account.
Pro Optika glasses insurance terms TPRO-20211 4
- The replacement of glasses or frames means that the policyholder is entitled to purchase new glasses or frames from Pro Optika’s range of products to the extent of the indemnity.
In case of replacement, the policyholder must pay Pro Optics the deductible.
- If the glasses or frames are replaced, the insurance contract shall end. The insurance contract shall end on the day the policyholder notifies Pro Optika of the insured event due to which the glasses or frames will be replaced. The insurance contract is terminated automatically, the policyholder will not receive a separate notice of the termination of the insurance contract.
REPAIR OF GLASSES OR FRAMES
- If shall pay Pro Optika indemnity for the repair of glasses or frames if their repair is technically possible and the repair costs do not exceed the sum insured. The amount of the repair indemnity is the cost of repair minus the deductible. If the glasses were insured (see c. 5), the repair of the glasses shall mean the replacement of the whole set (frames and lenses). If only frames were insured (see c. 5), the repair of frames shall mean only that and the costs related to lenses shall not be taken into account.
- In case of repair, the policyholder must pay Pro Optics the deductible.
- The deductible is the part of the damage suffered paid by the policyholder in the case of an insured event.
Breach of insurance contract:
- Should If be late in paying the indemnity, If shall pay interest in accordance with the Law of Obligations Act.
- If has the right to refuse compensation or reduce the indemnity if the policyholder violated the insurance contract (including safety requirements) and such violation affected the occurrence or amount of damage or the identification of the circumstances of the loss event.
- If has the right to recover the indemnity in part or in full should If become aware of the breach of insurance contract only after the indemnity was paid out.
- The policyholder will forward notifications to If by post or e-mail. If will forward notifications to the policyholder or insured person by e-mail. If will use the postal or e-mail address or telephone number specified in the policy or on the policyholder’s website or disclosed to If in any other way.
- The policyholder has the right to demand a copy of the declaration of intention made by him or her in a form that can be reproduced in writing.
- If shall consider the sender of an e-mail to be the person from whose e-mail address the letter was sent, if this address is indicated in the documents of the insurance contract, on the person’s website or disclosed to If in any other way.
IF’S OBLIGATION TO NOTIFY THE POLICYHOLDER
- Should the name or legal form, address or the address of the insurance supervisory body change during the insurance period, If shall notify the policyholder on its website or via mass media.
EXPIRY AND TERMINATION OF THE INSURANCE CONTRACT
- The insurance contract will expire on the last day of the insurance period specified in the policy.
- The insurance contract can be terminated in cases specified by law or in the insurance contract.
- Both the policyholder and If may terminate the insurance contract within thirty-one (31) days from the date If made a decision to compensate or to refuse to compensate damage by notifying the other party 31 days in advance.
- If the policyholder wishes to terminate the insurance contract, he or she must contact a Pro Optika store or send an e-mail to [email protected].
SUPERVISION, SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES, APPLICABLE LAW
- The policyholder has the right to file a complaint against If and the insurance agent with the Financial Supervision Authority at Sakala 4, 15030 Tallinn. Disputes related to the contract shall be settled primarily through negotiations. For pre-trial resolution of disputes, you can apply to the insurance conciliation body (phone +372 667 1800; e-mail [email protected]; postal address Mustamäe tee 46, Tallinn 10612) where the conciliation procedure is free of charge. In the case of an insurance contract purchased from Pro Optika’s online store, an application can also be submitted via the online dispute resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. A claim arising from the insurance contract must first be submitted to If (Lõõtsa 8a 11415 Tallinn or [email protected]). If no agreement is reached, the dispute shall be settled in Harju County Court. The contract is governed by the Estonian law.
Pro Optika glasses insurance terms TPRO-20211 5
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING INSURANCE POLICIES PURCHASED FROM PRO OPTIKA’S WEB-SHOP
- A person who wants insurance agrees to the insurance contract in Pro Optika’s online store by adding glasses insurance to the purchase and paying the insurance premium in addition to the price of the glasses or frames.
- If shall forward the policy to the policyholder’s e-mail address at the beginning of the insurance period.
- The insurance contract shall take effect in accordance with the provisions of clauses 7.1 and 7.2. If the policyholder does not pay the insurance premium by the day of purchase of the glasses or frames, the contract will not enter into force and If shall have no obligation to perform the contract.
- The costs of using the communications service (Internet, phone and so on) are not included in the insurance premium and shall be paid by the policyholder in accordance with their contract entered into with a communication service provider.
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
- The consumer has the right to withdraw from the glasses insurance contract concluded in the Pro Optika online store within 14 days after concluding the contract by sending a withdrawal application by e-mail to [email protected] or by post to Lõõtsa 8a, 11415 Tallinn.
- The application for withdrawal from the contract must include the policyholder’s bank account to which the refundable part of the insurance premium will be transferred. If has the right to deduct the insurance premium for the time period before the submission of the withdrawal application from the refundable amount.
The insurance service provider is If P&C Insurance AS, the insurance is mediated by OptiPRO OÜ. Read Pro Optika’s information document and terms TPRO-20191. If necessary, ask our customer service representative for additional information.
The terms applicable to contracts sold before 9 May 2021 can be found here: Read Pro Optika’s information document and terms TPRO-20191.